Earth Day Events at Dominican University
They were a huge success in networking the campus sustainability leaders.
April 20, 2012
At Dominican University of California we're stepping up our sustainability efforts and holding three Earth Day events - an Education Fair, a Local Food Reception, and a Sustainability Showcase. All events are FREE and open to the public.
11:30am - 2:30pm
Outside of Caleruega Hall (map)
Come and learn about the various ways Dominican is promoting sustainability on campus and in the community through our programs, courses, research and other initiatives. This is a great way for prospective students and parents to check out the school, and for others to learn and get inspired!
Local Food Reception
4:30pm - 6:00pm
On the Meadowlands Lawn (map)
Don't miss tasting some of the region's delicious local wines, cheeses, breads, meats and other nibbles and meet like-minded students, faculty, staff and community members also interested in a more sustainable world. Yes, it's free! Check out our local food partners.
6:00pm - 8:00pm
Angelico Hall (map)
Join us as we showcase some of Dominican's most exciting sustainability related programs, research and initiatives.
Congresswoman Lynn Woolsey, in her 10th term as the United States’ representative from California’s 6th District, will provide opening remarks at 6pm.
As a finale to the Earth Day events, we'll show a series of short documentary films including:
- The Green MBA: The leading MBA program in Sustainable Enterprise
- The Venture Greenhouse: Green Business Incubator in San Rafael
- The Sustainable Practices Certificate: Professional development in Sustainability
- The Environmental Finance Center: Building Green Economies
- Bon Appetit Catering: Sustainable Food Service on Campus
- Environmental Research: Environmental Preservation through Scientific Research
- Campus Natural History: A 100 Year History in Valuing Nature
- Campus Sustainability Assessment: Sustainability Tracking & Assessment Rating System
- Dominican Sustainability Vision: President Mary Marcy on Dominican Sustainability
See more information about the Sustainability Showcase.